Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms in Davis Library are located along the south side of the building facing the Student Union, and are on the third through eighth floors. Most group study rooms are first come, first served, but a few are available for reservation. All group study rooms are intended for group use only. Any individual using a study room may be asked to yield that room to a group.
Non-Reservable Study Rooms
The rooms on the third floor and the fifth through eighth floors are first come, first served, and require a One Card for access. These rooms should be closed and locked when not in use. Swipe your One Card in the reader to enter.
List of Group Study Room numbers
- 3rd Floor – 3046, 3047, 3048, 3049, 3051, 3052
- 5th Floor – 5046, 5047, 5048, 5049, 5051, 5052
- 6th Floor – 6046, 6047, 6048, 6049, 6051, 6052
- 7th Floor – 7046, 7047, 7048, 7049, 7051, 7052
- 8th Floor – 8046, 8047, 8048, 8049, 8051, 8052
Reservable Group Study Rooms
There are four rooms on the fourth floor available for use by small groups (students and employees only) by reservation. Book a study room.
Group Study Policies
- Most of our group study rooms are first come, first served.
- A minimum of three people are required to reserve a group study room. All three people must be present at the Service Desk at the time the key is checked out.
- Reservations for a group study can be made up to 2 weeks in advance.
- Rooms may be reserved up to 3 hours at a time.
- Check out the key for the room at the Service Desk at the scheduled reservation time.
- The person who checks out the key is responsible for returning the key and for any late fees or other problems arising from use of key.
- Keys are subject to fines: Late charges are $15 for every hour or partial hour a key is overdue with no maximum fine. Overdue fines begin accruing as soon as keys become overdue. A lost key charge is $100.
- Studies that are not reserved may be assigned to users on a first-come, first-serve basis.
- No smoking in studies
- Windows to studies cannot be covered at any time
- Lights in studies must be turned on at all times
Please contact the Circulation Department if you have any questions about Group Studies in Davis Library.
Other Study Areas in Davis Library
Study areas on the first floor are located in the Reference Reading Room and the Serials Department Reading Room.
Study areas on floors 3-8 are located throughout the floor. Floors 4-8 have a study lounge in the southwest corner, near the Pit; floors 7-8 have an additional lounge in the northeast corner.